Thursday 9 May 2013

BOTH!

Waaaaaa - it's been almost a week! I know, and that had made me sad...but like I said last Friday, my little brother had been in town and we have been running around like little puppies, which makes it hard to sit down and write.

And I wish I was better about that.

But apparently I can focus on just a few things at a time.

Which makes me wish that I could have had both. Both my brother in town, running around, oyster-bakes, and hiking, as well as funny gifs and lovely blogs.

But apparently both is hard to have.

And that makes me cry, because BOTH is my favorite thing.

BOTH was the reason that I knew I was going to marry Steve on our first date. It was creepy that I knew, and it really freaked me out that I had that thought, but it happened.

We were sitting in a pew in the private backroom of a little swanky Chinese restaurant in Hollywood, listening to a singer-song writer, and Steve leaned into me and said "Can I bring you something to drink? I said yes. He asked "what?" I said, "whatever you're having."

(Ladies, this was my way of finding out what kind of drinks he liked. Lol.)

He went to the bar, and was gone a little while.

He came back holding several beers.

He said, "Well I didn't know if you liked Guinness or Fat Tire....so I bought you both."

As he sat down in the pew next to me, and put his arm back around my shoulder, I heard this little sound in my brain. It wasn't like a firework, or some loud explosion, it was that sound when you pop your finger out of your mouth:




Yea.

It made that sound.

And then this thought, "I could do this. For a very long time."

And even though it took me several months to get over the idea that my brain had that thought....it was settling to know that no matter what happened, I was with a guy that understood the power of both.

Here are some other things that I totally LOVE, because I feel like you are getting BOTH:

1) MASHUPS.


I know this makes me the stereotypical white-girl in a club that goes crazy when you hear a mashup. I know lots of people think they are shitty. But you know what? I feel like they are the all-you-can-eat buffet of music. You get to have all the music you love, and you don't have to wait for it, or prioritize it or anything. It's like a magical explosion for your ears.

Don't believe me? Listen to this one, and tell me you're not in love:



Yea.

I can listen to this on repeat for like 12 hours and not even be a little bit bored.

2) Adult Root Beer Floats.


Can't decide between an after-dinner dessert or an after-dinner drink? Why pick just one? Have both!

1 part baileys +  2 parts root beer + tons of vanilla ice cream.

RIGHT?



3) Buffalo Chicken Pizza


This one has a special place in my heart. You know why? BECAUSE ITS A MASHUP OF MY FAVORITE FOODS IN ALL THE LAND!

If you haven't learned this by now, maybe we're not friends.

Buffalo wings are honest to god some of my favorite things. So is pizza. If I had to pick one of them and couldn't have the other for the rest of my life, I would think long and hard and then just do this:




So I gave a special place in my heart for whatever genius thought of this:


It makes me tinkle a little when I think about it.

4) Long Dresses


We all have mornings when we wake up and feel like this:


And really, thinking about going into the office makes you do this:




You know what really helps?

Maxi dresses.

I'm serious.

For some reason, rolling into the office in one of these tricks my mind into thinking that I'm about to leave on vacation to Hawaii or something, so I feel giddy all day instead of hating life. Maybe it's because THEY'RE LIKE WEARING PAJAMAS TO THE OFFICE:


This trick works so well, my friends seem to have caught on. Now when I wear a "vacation dress"  they know that I REALLY don't wanna be at work that day and make this face:




5) Gummi Vitamins



Gummi candy + strong nail beds?


6) Last and finally, my all time favorite.....UNICORNDOGS.



think about it.

think about it.

think about it.





Alright my little bunnies, those are my favorite both things. If you have some that you love and you're dying to share...drop me a comment.

Love and fairies,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some comments? Right this way...