Friday 22 March 2013

Dear Jenna Marbles...

Dear Jenna Marbles,

My name is Jenni, and I am one of your biggest fans. I'm sure you hear that you a lot, because people freaking love you. But really, I have converted most of my friend group into Jenna-Marbles-Fanatics and have motivated entire groups of people into wasting HOURS of work time by watching your videos (although we both know it wasn't really wasting, it's really more like investing).

I knew we were soul mates when I first realized that we are both weird, in that great amazing kinda way. Actually that's a lie. I knew we were soul mates when I saw THIS VIDEO and laughed so hard I cried. And then I made my husband watch it like 8 times in a row with me.



We should be friends not only because I think this video is hysterical - but because I have done THE EXACT SAME THING to Steve before. More than once.

I am writing you this letter to invite you to my birthday party. And I am fairly sure that you are much too busy and important to come to your fans birthday parties. But I am hoping that I can bribe you a little, and you will see how amazing it will be.

A Ground Hog Day Birthday

So in October I am turning 30. I have been turning 25 for the last 4 years, and really have no intention of being thirty. I mean honestly:




I have decided that my 30th birthday is going to be kinda like Groundhogs Day. 

There's one day in the spring where the groundhog pokes its little baby head out, and if it sees it's shadow, we have more winter...or something like that. But if it sticks its head out and there's A RAGING PARTY HAPPENING....it will most likely come out and do something along these lines... 



puppy gif

So I made a deal with my husband.

I told him that on my 30th birthday, when I open my eyes - If I am surrounded by all of my friends, in some sort of tropical place (like an island, or mexico, or a cruise, or something sunny and sparkly), and everyone is mostly hammered...I will turn 30. Otherwise, no big deal - no hard feelings, I just get to keep turning 25 for the rest of my life. It's basically a win-win.

So he thought about it for a while (cause he's that responsible, thinker type).

And (because I married someone who is kick-ass) he came back with this plan:

"What do you think about taking twenty-or-so of your friends on a cruise to the Bahamas? We can get a block of rooms and spend the week eating and hanging out by the pool, and snorkeling, or doing whatever sort of bullshit we get into? "

At which point I did this:


puppy gif


Followed by this:

puppy gif


And then a WHOLE LOT of this:

puppy gif

So the invites went out, the friends said "yes" and the plans are being set. We're looking at a week of glory sometime in the fall near my birthday. It will be a little like this:





Now I know what you're thinking.

"I can't just come and hang out with my fans on vacation. I'm busy, and important, and get awards in Ireland."

BUT YOU KNOW that a little part of you is thinking "Free Bahamas Cruise? With some of my most kick-ass fans?"



puppy gif


We would do a little of this:


puppy gif

And then some of this:


puppy gif

And then more of this:


puppy gif

Followed by a lot of this:


puppy gif


puppy gif


puppy gif


puppy gif

Which at some point would give way to a little of this (cause you know its very necessary):


puppy gif


puppy gif

Overall, I pretty sure this is the best idea I have ever had. Mainly because I AM POSITIVE that if you come, at some moment this will happen:


puppy gif

At the risk of sounding like a total creeper, and a juvenile-geeked-out-fan, I'd love it if you'd consider coming (Tee-hee, I feel like I'm asking you out on a friend date. Like a vacation-friend-date). I can forward you more informational details to help you make your decision. But let's be honest, you KNOW you really want to say yes.

And then we can all do this:


puppy gif

Loveyoumeanit,

Jenni

1 comment:

  1. She's going to come...I can feel it in my bones. Let's dance!
    Ps. I facebook messaged her. I hope she doesn't think I'm creepy. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Got some comments? Right this way...