Friday 3 May 2013

Brother!

My brother's coming to town this weekend/next week! Which is kinda amazing because he has not yet come to see me in San Francisco!

Growing up, there were 4 of us. Matt, me, Jason and Michele. Matt always had a lot of energy and had the tendency to bully Jason and I. So when we were sitting in my mom's van, Michele (being like 2 years old) was the only one who could handle sitting next to Matt. Maybe he had something against hitting babies. I don't know.

So Matt and Michele sat in the very back row, leaving Jason and I to sit in the middle row of the van. These were our seats for all of childhood. Or forever....if we were to get in a van now, we just might instinctively choose the same seats.

This permanent seating arrangement meant Jason and I became super close growing up. We shared that little storage compartment on the left-hand side of the van, goldfish crackers, and used entertain each other with weird-kid-shit, like trying to make up our own language so that Matt and Michele couldn't understand us. Well, Michele was a baby...so we were mainly trying to keep Matt from pestering us. It didn't work out. We would turn to each other and say "Ester balloon tra la monkey" and the other person would be like:



And then whisper..."I forgot what that was supposed to mean."

We were weird. But also awesome.

This combination of weird-awesome has earned Jason a special spot in my heart. One might say that he is my "favorite brother" if one believed in favorites. I don't believe in favorites though. So I wouldn't say that.

We called each other "booney" for most of our childhood, which is some embarrassing derivation of the word book....which I can't believe Im actually telling the entire internet about this because I am realizing while I am typing that my brother and I used to call each other "book" as a nickname.  We were weird.

My brother had a ponytail as a little boy, that grew into a kinda-mullet as he got older...but it was badass. And now he doesn't have a ponytail or a mullet, but he's still badass. He's a stunt actor at Universal Studios and does cool tricks like jump from a 40 foot tower that's on fire and lands into a pool that also has boats and jet skis racing through it. It looks kinda like this:

Badass.

He's coming with his girlfriend Autum, who is also badass but in a sparkly, girly princess kind of way. She has actually been the princess in the Pirate's Dinner Adventure Show, and one time had her face on a billboard. She was cast as a dancer in a traveling show called Moster Rock in Singapore and wen't on tour for a while.  Her life looks kinda like this:



So I'm kinda stoked to have them here. I kinda feel like this:




Happy Weekend folks. The weather here is supposed to be amazing. So put on your bikini and go frolic.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some comments? Right this way...