Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hey Lovers and Friends,

Sorry that I missed yesterday - I was REALLY sad to have my first day with no posting. Yesterday we had a bunch of friends over for Family Dinner, and my house was chock-full of puppies and babies. And since we didn't have enough placemats or chairs, I was trying to be creative to find out how we can dine 15+ people in our 2 bedroom apartment.

Also, we're in the middle of redecorating our living room (I'll get more into that in a separate post), but I was running around all day yesterday buying a forrest. In trying to make our house look a little more swanky, we've discovered that SURPRISE, trees apparently make that happen in a big way.

See:






BOOM. Forrest.

But the forrest is unrelated to my post for today. Focus Jenni focus. We really need to get the main stuff because I have a shit-ton of things to do today.

This year I am in charge of the V-Day plans. Usually it's my husband who does epic things involving lots of surprises.  One year we had a champaign cruise, with dinner and dancing just a few days after  he pulled off a ridiculous evening ending with him asking me to marry him. I cried the entire time on the boat because I'd thought after the engagement-bonanza that we wouldn't do anything for Valentine's Day, and we'd just order Chinese or something. And then Steve walks in and is like "CHAMPAGNE CRUISE. ROMANCE. AGAIN."

I realize in typing this, that this has happened several other times since then, and we've had birthdays or anniversaries where I am oddly begging him to stop giving me vacations, jewelry, spa dates, etc. because I am literally too overwhelmed.

Do you see what I am up against!?

On top of that, you know what doesn't help? I SUCK AT THIS STUFF. I'm a horrible gift giver. I'm not creative, or even thoughtful most of the time. When I try to be thoughtful my mind goes totally practical..."sock are romantic right?" I'm not awesome at making plans either. I don't have a dinner reservation for tonight, which I am realizing might be a big mistake.

But my hopes hang on one single thread. This year, I am giving him an awesome gift.

I am in the process of making him something so so cool. (yes, currently making, as in not finished. As in I need to finish this post so I can get it done in time). I found this somewhere on Pinterest, so no I didn't make this up all by myself. Remember, I'm not good at this stuff. I have to steal ideas.

I'm making him....A RESTAURANT PASSPORT.



Eating is one of our biggest hobbies, and living in a city that is known for it's restaurants can be dizzying. We almost feel guilty for going to the same place more than once.

But this passport can change all of that! It's a list of  50 or so of the best restaurants, and as we go to each place, we "get a stamp in the passport." AND with 50-some on the list, and 52 weeks in the year, that leaves us with plans for EVERY DATE NIGHT FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR. Oh my god, I am so romantic I die.


Because I love cartoons, each page has a cute little cartoon map (yay!) as well as information about the restaurant, suggestions of what to order,  a spot to record what we thought of it, and pages for pictures. 



So...I'm on page seven. And need to get to fifty before too long. So I need to get moving. I'm writing this whole thing in sharpie, so I'm hoping that I don't pass out from the fumes and Steve would come home to find me face down in a pile of restaurant reviews. But at least he would be like "OH MY GOD, THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!" and then he would burst into tears because he is so touched at how much I love him, and was willing to pass out to prove it.

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some comments? Right this way...