Friday 22 February 2013

Piles of Puppies

So sometime Wednesday, I felt myself beginning to be a human again. It was really odd. As fast as my cold/flu/hell-disease came on, it left just as fast. My fever broke, the weights in my face and skull dissolved, and around 10pm I was chasing my dog around the coffee table. Considering hours before I could hardly stand for more than 15 minutes at a time...this felt like a miraculous healing.

I went to bed that night after watching a little Downton Abbey (ahem, half of season two), and woke up in the morning feeling like I could conquer the world. I'd promised my good girl friend that I would take the next day slow, so I decided to start with some low-key cleaning.

As I showered off the 4 days of fever sweats (oh my god is so much grosser than anything in the world), I decided that I should drive to LA. I mean, I was supposed to be there working all week anyway. And if I got in the car that morning, I could be there by Thursday night - play catch up during the weekend, and return back to San Fran by mid-next week all back on track. So....it was kinda like taking it slow?

So I got out of the shower, called my husband shouted a quick "Hi, I feel awesome and I'm back on the road!" while towel drying my hair and throwing some chonies in a weekender.

An hour and a half later I was sitting on the 5 Freeway, cruise-controlled at 85, sipping a carrot juice and listening to the opening of "Memoirs of a Geisha."

(By the way, Audiobooks are an AMAZING way to get through road trips. I used to hate driving because I couldn't be bothered to waste the time when you could just pay a few hundred dollars to be there right away. Surprise, on a road trip you don't have to mess with people who have never seen airport security before and are like "what? I have to take off my belt!?" or sit next to annoying old women who keep asking you if you have any suitors (I swear I wish I was joking. That has really happened. Also yes, I just did a parenthesis inside of another parenthesis....and no, I don't know if that is allowed. Maybe you have to just count them and make sure they're balanced...like in algebra or like an Excel formula. You know, like math-writing. I might have just made up another field of study. You're welcome world.) (But honestly, if you know the answer you should leave it in the comments below so next time know I know how to punctuate). and by listening to audio books while roadtripping you can really put a dent in your reading list in like one trip. Driving is basically like your private slow-jet.)

Ok, so you're asking yourself...where are the puppies? What the hell? I wanted puppies!

I'm getting there.


You see, my lovely siester just brought home two brand-spanking-new baby puppies. One boy, one girl, both about 14 weeks old. And with little Ruby as my co-pilot on this extravaganza, you can image what happened once we got to my parentals house.

I am not exaggerating when I tell you that when we pulled up to the house, Ruby, having not peed in over 5 hours, got out of the car, sniffed the air and immediately recognized where she was. She sprinted from the car to the front door and waggled that tiny puppy butt in the most ridiculous happy dance that puppies do.

You can imagine her surprise when her favorite Little Sonia (my mom) opened the door to reveal two tiny baby cousins bouncing behind her! It's seriously been like an explosion of cartoon snowballs ever since.

These two brand-spanking new additions (I mean so new that when you pick them up they still feel like baby birds with hallow bones kinda new):

Penny Lane (AKA Queen Bee)

Maxwell Silverhammer (AKA Dingus Longbody...no really my brother calls him that)

And of course you know and love this cute mug:

Ruby (AKA Ruby Mouse, AKA Pink Pig, AKA Bell, AKA Princhepessa etc etc)

And this has been non stop ever since we arrived. I mean HONESTLY:




Tell me that you would not die every second of every single day.




RIGHT?


RIGHT RIGHT??


RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT?


Oh my God I die.


So after a week of the world's worst flu-cold-concoction, coming to my parents house to a pile of puppies isn't exactly the worst way to end the week ;)

PS - if you're looking through all of this and you're like "OH MY GOD....too much cuteness, by brain is about to explode!" Here is something to help balance it. You're welcome.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some comments? Right this way...