Thursday 7 March 2013

Video Week: Part Four, Alan Watts

Hi Friends,

I'm really excited for today's clip.

I found this maaaaybe about six months ago, and this was definitely a factor in the decision to leave my job and pursue writing.

That decision and the factors around my career vs. my passions can be a whole post in themselves, but this clip happened to find me at the right moment and hammered into my guts like a railroad spike.

 I'm very lucky to be married to someone who I think was born without fear, and probably has never even considered the questions of "How will I pay my bills?" or "What if I fail?"or "What if I can't make a living do that?" He just started doing what he loved, and somehow everything has fallen into place.

So now, as I wrestle with my own career and passions, he looks at me simply and says "Who cares if you fail, or if you never make any money....just go for it."

And then came along this video.

And then I quit my lovely marketing career to pursue writing. Fingers crossed.

Be warned friends, if you are even thinking for one tiny minute that you are not happy with your career, this clip might get you. It might burrow under your skin and make you itch a little. It might make you think thoughts that scare you, or create plans that you never dreamed of. Watch with caution.



"It's all wretch and no vomit....it never gets there."

Ass kicked.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some comments? Right this way...